Saturday, April 15, 2006

Five of us headed SW through High Ridge, House Springs and Byrnesville Rd. Everything was good until the town of Cedar Hill when I somehow missed Hwy BB going south. What I thought was Hwy BB was instead still Cedar Hill Rd and we were confused, or at least I was, with exactly how we got there.

Jose had a map from somewhere that he was carrying but it was not real good. He was confident about where we were and knew how to get us back on track. That was fine except he had no idea of the route I had planned. He did know where we were and got us to a place that was recognizable except we were quickly back on Byrnesville, heading back to House Springs instead of going further south. It was decided to go over John McKeever and into Eureka. What was going to be a relatively flat ride, by JeffCo standards, instead turned into a Eureka ride including McKeever, Alt and Woods.

By the end, I was whooped. Today was a great day of riding. Warm, but not stifling. However, today's 83 miles hurt. And it still hurts. My legs are tired and stiff

Worthless stat of the day. Max speed 70kmh

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry if we messed up your route today. I saw BB. I didn't know you were looking for it. Anyway, had a good time.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

The ride wasnt messed up, just different. I saw BB too but only going to the left where where we went to the right and up the hill just before we got lost. I didn't see right after going over the river.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Let me restate my comment, as the whole intent seems to have been missed when I first wrote it.


VDB and I met up at 7 for a ride, and I'd planned on doing a High Ridge-Byrnes Mill-House Springs-Belews Creek-Antonia loop, but as there was inclement weather possible, we opted for the familiar terrain of a 70mi modified Mugban ride (Castlewood/Rockwood/Babler).

My real fear of going down to Antonia was that we might get lost, as I'm no klages-JeffCo-tenderfoot, but now I see that even klages is JeffCo fallible! ;)

No biggie getting lost usually, but with 50% storms at 10AM predicted, I could just see us stuck on Tower Rd, searching for the house with the least amount of ammonia smell coming from the garage in search of shelter.

All in all, it was hard on the gams, and I'm glad I didn't bite off a bigger ride than 70mi.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

You believed the weatherman and his 50% rain story? hahaha

1:52 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

...no, I saw it on the internet...that's why I believed it! ;)

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home