Monday, April 10, 2006

Yesterday's race at Tilles sucked much less hard than Saturday. The day started crappy though. I arrived about 9:30, registered for the race and went back to the car to spin on the trainer. When I set the bike up, I happened to look at the rear wheel and noticed a two inch section of rubber completely missing. Threads were all that was there. Crap, I thought. And I didn't bring any spare wheels so I couldn't just swap a tire out. After hesitating for a couple minutes I threw everything in the car and took off for home, hoping that I could make it back to the park in time for the race.

I made good time despite having the bad luck of having a train block my route a la Paris-Roubaix. The whole way home, I was trying to think if and where I had a race-worthy tire. For some unknown reason I have about six worn out tires laying around. I guess I save them for the trainer but do I really need that many? Thankfully, I had a really nice Vittoria on a wheel that only had a few weeks of riding on it. Maybe someone was looking after me. That goes for not getting a speeding ticket on the way home either.

The tire was changed quickly and I got back to Tilles 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start but they were a few minutes behind. Up and down Litszinger once and then a couple laps warmup and it was start time. Not much of warmup but pretty similar to a Tuesday Nite. Thats what I told myself anyway. I played it safe and just sat on the back for the first 10 minutes or so before trying to move up. Slowly but surely I creeped up and gave an effort. A Manchester guy came along. It didn't last much more than a half lap but I tried.

Later on, the eventual winning break developed. We didn't have anyone in it and no one was responding. I went to the front and tried to close the gap. I think the gap shrunk some but I got winded and nobody would come around me. I tried to dig a little deeper but at that point my legs weren't about to close any gap. Aaron sensed the danger and did a real nice bridge up to the lead group. The breakaway stayed away and Aaron got 5th. Not a bad race.

Photo of the Day: It's good to know horny, young women that like to send pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home