Monday, March 27, 2006

Marco, Giuseppe and I did the usual Maeystown route again Sunday. There was no lolly-gagging. After a little warmup, we got down to business and laid down some hurt. After a little break in the middle, we went again. Good long, hard pulls all the way down.

On the return trip we chilled until clearing the three railroad crossings then ramped it up again. I can't think of a real break until reaching 255. The legs burned, the heart pumped and it was good. The rest of the way back to Columbia was a more comfortable tempo.

Back in the parking lot, I went back to the car to get an Enervitene powder pack and discovered I didnt close my car door when we left. It wasn't wide open but it wasn't latched either. I'm such a goof at times. I talked Giuseppe into doing an extra loop over to Millstadt now that I knew how to get out of Columbia, unlike a couple weeks ago when I failed miserably. How far is Millstadt he asked. Not sure, I said. It looks like 6 or 7 miles each way.

Off we went. My legs were heavy but thats okay because I didn't want to go hard anyway. As we rode, it seemed like that 6 miles was taking longer than 6 miles should but we made it to Millstadt without much trouble. Picking the right roads on the way back was a little tricky but not so bad until we got to Gilmore Lake and EE. We were about to make a right turn on Gilmore Lake but then I second guessed which way to turn. Always trust your intuition. A couple miles down the road we stopped and decided that this didn't seem like the right way to go. On the way back we saw an older guy in his yard and asked directions. Sure enough, we had turn wrong.

The rest of the way went okay except for a little detour in Columbia because of road construction. Back in the parking lot, the computer showed 90 miles. Oops. That 12 or 14 mile Millstadt loop turned into 25 miles! It looked shorter on the map. Anyway, we were plenty happy to be finished and hungry. We went in to Subway and 4 of Mike's 9:15 ride were eating. They wondered where we were since we left before them. Just riding ourselves into the ground.

Post ride weight after eating a 6-inch sub: 148.3

Photo of the Day: Flats suck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home