Friday, March 17, 2006

Time for another test of the legs. From the looks of things the weather will be similar to Froze Toes a few weeks ago. It would have been nice to have last weekend's 70 degree weather. My plan is to do Master's and 3/4's. I'm riding okay and have done fairly well in the past at Sylvan so let's see what develops. There is definitely some good competition pre-registered in the Masters. Then it will be interesting how much that takes out of me for the 3/4's. I'd like to make a good showing there so I have to decide how hard I want to work in the Masters.

The first of the Spring Classics, Milan-San Remo, takes place Saturday. All the "experts" are tabbing Petacchi and Boonen as the victors. I suppose I could make the same daring predictions but that's too easy. So, while slaving away at work, I put together a couple 8-man "teams" of outsiders and previous non-winners (except for one) capable of upsetting the Petacchi/Boonen apple cart. I'm not predicting any of these will win but they are likely to be among the front runners and if you are there at the finale then anything is possible.

The first team I created is Mirko Celestino (might be hindered by working for Petacchi), Philippe Gilbert, Erik Dekker, Oscar Freire (the most likely winner among my picks since he is the best sprinter), Andreas Klier, Marcus Zberg, Allan Davis and Murilo Fischer.

As I kept digging for potential good finishers I came up with a second team of Thor Hushovd, Roger Hammond, Max Van Heeswijk, Igor Astarloa, Alejandro Valverde, Leon Van Bon, Allesandro Ballan and Miguel Perdiguero.

Photo of the Day:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home