Sunday, March 05, 2006

A good group of nine for Saturday's ride. Messrs Hill, Strothman, Maciekowicz, Fuller, Bullard, Hawley, Hofmeister and Wermuth joined in. I wanted to do a little different ride. We went the usual way to High Ridge via the Col de Parc Vallee and the Col du Haute Arete. Thanks to giving bad direction on my part we did an extra loop climbed the Haute Arete a second time.

After getting straightened out, we went more westerly instead of south into JeffCo. Down Antire then up Col de Jacques Weber, through Eureka and up Mont Alt. From there I had planned on Old State and St Paul but while I waited for Glen the others went on and rode the Col du Bois.

Jay led us through Lake Chesterfield subdivisions out to Old State. From there it was down Pierside to Kiefer Creek, New Ballwin, Big Bend, Sulphur Spring and Vance into Valley Park before ending the ride with Mont Marshall. The highlight of the ride was making a brilliant move and smoking Joe Hill in a city limit sprint. I will stop there so that it sounds impressive. After all, half of bragging is not telling the whole story so you look good.

At the top of Marshall we came across Jose and David going the other direction. This was about 12:30. Jose asks me what the best way is to get from Covered Bridge to Six Flags. Seems like a late start to do that long of a ride. My guess is he'd get down to Covered Bridge about 2:15. Eureka about 4:15, Six Flags about 4:30. Then he'd still have to get back to the Galleria. That's a pretty long day and later in the day than I'd care to ride.

The actual route for us was about 48 miles. Tack on my commute and I had about 61.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

By David, do you mean David "I haven't ridden longer than 1 hr all year" Garthe? and he's going to combine Covered Bridge with Six Flags? youch!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

That's the guy. I found out that he ran into Jose (not literally) on Clayton and turned off at 141.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home