Monday, February 20, 2006

My cold is getting better and better. The nose is still runny at times but I feel good physically. No weakness or fatigue.. Trainer time on Sunday was good. No huge gears but a real nice tempo for an 1:40 and would have had no problem going longer but I didn't want to push it.

Forecasts are looking so-so for Sunday. It should be sunny. Thats good but it appears that the temps will be chilly and a pretty strong breeze out of the north.

Last night I recorded the Tour of California prologue and watched it while getting ready for work. The coverage by ESPN was solid. Sherwen and Roll were their usual selves. Sherwen was the more reserved Brit and Roll was his typically exaggerated in his descriptions. Unfortunately I messed up and ran out of DVD space just as the heavy hitters were going to start. Still, I saw all but the last few. Missed Leipheimers winning ride, though.

A couple thoughts.

You would think Discovery would have helmets that match their teal-ish colored jersey, instead of standard blue.
Danielson LOOKED really quick going up the climb. Not quick enough but still quick.
Landis has to have the most beastly TT position I have ever seen on a standard UCI frame. He's quick but I'm uncomfortable just watching him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home