Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Gift certificates are nice. Ever since swapping out my gruppo, I have been using my old Look pedals since my right Speedplay was stripped and could not be removed from the old crank. With the race coming up I really wanted to get back to the Speedplays and my normal bike setup. The Looks along with my Carnac shoes that have the Look cleats forced me raise my saddle and I never did give much care in doing so. I pulled over to the side of the road and quickly eveballed what I thought would be an appropriate rise. Turns out I raised the saddle a touch over a half inch.

Getting back to my point about gift certificates, I went to the Shark today after work and came home with new pedals for $25 thanks to a gift certificate. Sweet! A little later this evening I will drop the saddle back down and try to dial in the setup or at least get used to the old position again.

On the way home from the shop I saw the new Trek Store jerseys in person for the first time. Scott Hill, I think, was the modeling the kit while stopped at a light along the Forest Park bike path. He is on the Trek team now isn't he? It looked like his tattoo'd leg anyway. The jersey looks nice.

Went Spinning last night for the usual hour long workout. My heart wasn't into riding for the first 10 or so minutes but my attitude improved and got a good ride in. The heart of the class was a pyramid of intervals. 5 minutes, 4 minutes, etc down to 1 minutes and back up to 5 minutes. Or, would that be a reverse pyramid? Hmmm. All depends on your perspective I guess.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bike Drool said...

Yeah, Scott Hill is indeed on the Trek Store Team.

Look pedals, suck, seriously. I've seen the pedal body come off the axle spindle on more than one occaison!

Speedplays are very good, but not perfect either. I'm using the Speedplay Zeros, and I like 'em a lot.

Trek Store kits:

http://photos1.blogger.com/
blogger/4083/1470/1600/kit.jpg

You might have to re-connect it, I broke the link after .com/ to make it fit.

Klages, give 'em hell at Froze Toes!!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Bobber said...

The new Look Keo's are excellent. I've never ridden on the old ones so I can't compare those. But so far, I like the looks better than Speedplay X2's which I used to use.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Yeah, I like the Speedplays. Had them for quite a few years now. The Looks aren't bad. I got tired of the plastic Look cleats wearing out so often. And the double sided entry of the Speedplays is nice. Far less fumbling around getting everything lined up right.

My old Looks are pretty decent. I did have a pair of Looks that came stock on one of my bikes, though. Those were not good. The tension was just not enough. After pulling out of the pedals twice in one race I never rode those again. Not sure what the newer Looks are like. I'm sure they are fine but I'm happy with the Speedplays so I have no reason to switch back.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

I had the original black Looks, and they ruled. After returning to bikes, I used an [relatively] old pair of Cleeland's Looks and they were fine, but I use Egg Beaters now and they are the tops!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home