Thursday, April 06, 2006

As first Tues Nite Worlds go, it was a nice night this past Tuesday. Mid 60's and sunny. Quite comfortable. My new position still feels a little odd at times but no much that if affected my riding.

The race started quick and I just sat in the back for the first several laps, as usual. I need to let dinner settle in my stomach before I go launching crazy attacks. So, after about 15 minutes a break had established and the pack was putzing around at a really slow pace. That was silly and I figured I would shake things up. O'Neal had a small gap on the group and on the backside I decided to attack up the right side. A nice gap opened up the hill and O'Neal jumped on my wheel. We rotated around a few times and survived a couple laps. A pretty typical attack for me but it felt good.

After melting back into the pack I tried one more time later in the race when everything seemed boring. Nothing much came of that as I pulled the pack along for 2/3 of a lap. I eased up a few times but Nagy, I think, just sat there. Understandable since he had a man in the break.

After that futility I chilled for the rest of the race. The last lap was wound up pretty good on the backside when two guys touched wheels. I several others had to touch the brakes and really break any momentum. From there, I gave really hard effort to try and make up as much ground as possible. Some guys I'm sure decided to sit up but I feel I was going really good and passed a large number of people. At the finish, I was woozy and gasping for air so it must have been some good work.

Wednesday I went for a ride after dinner. Daylight savings is so much better than the trainer. After getting down to Meramec Bottom I did a mini-TT out to Hwy 21 before cooling down for a bit. Then I did a little work on my sprint. Five efforts between a couple street signs for a very slow roll. The form was not bad. A little bigger might have been better or at the very least I should have downshifted since the legs were pretty well spun out. Working on the leg speed isn't bad, though. From there I rode back up Wells and through the subdivisions. I was satisfied with the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home