Sunday, April 02, 2006

Saturday we set out for the Covered Bridge. A nice group of Justin, Mark, Glen, Trent and Matt who rode up JeffCo. Mixed it up a little and went through Sugar Creek Golf and for something different we went up Upper Moss Hollow. I like that climb, not as steep as the last hill on Old Lemay but it seemed quite long.

I like the climb but did not like the way I climbed all day. I'm okay for most of the climbs but something is lacking and I pop near the top or have to back off. Regardless, I got along okay. On the way back, we passed Joe heading south on Old Lemay. Well, he wasn't heading anywhere because he was fixing a flat. He didn't get the email announcing the change in start times and showed up at 9am

All in all, it was good ride. Nice weather, good group of guys. For some reason the route I picked was longer than expected. Somewhere around 73 miles. Add in the 13 miles of commute and I was pretty tired and sunburned. 138+ km's ridden according to the computer.

Pre-ride weight: 154
Post-ride weight: 147.8

This morning was rainy and damp. I bagged on the planned ride at 8am and felt good about it when then rain was coming down at 8:30. No guilt for me in missing the cold rain. Around 10, though, the weather cleared enough that I got out for a little while. Not happy with my climbing, I stayed in the subdivision and some repeats on a nearby hill. That was after adjusting my saddle. I tend to tinker when I'm not happy with my riding and it seemed like a good time to change my setup.

My legs were still heavy from Saturday but I went up the hill 10x's and then went around the neighborhood. I felt a little better by the end but there still wasn't a lot of life in the legs. Did about an hour total and that was enough.

I need to figure out how I want to ride during the week as a lead up to Roubaix and Sunday's Crit.

This evening a mean storm rolled through. I like to watch a good storm build up and stayed out even after the tornado sirens sounded. A funnel had been spotted in the Eureka area. Still, the rain hadn't started yet but it only took a couple minutes and the wind began to gust strongly and sky became fierce. For the first time in a long time I went in the basement, just in case. Even in the basement you could hear the wind roaring. Some small limbs were down but it looks like everyone came through okay. Not even a loss of power which is a miracle.

Photo of the Day: Today's storm rolling in from the south

2 Comments:

Blogger Bike Drool said...

You're really light, dude! How tall are you again? Are you sure you are eating enough?

Please go eat an entire chocolate cake!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks for the training advice. If chocolate cake would make me quick I would be all over it.

BTW, I'm a little under 5'10

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home