Thursday, March 30, 2006

Tuesday night we had our last Spinning class of the winter. With Daylight Savings Time starting this weekend, the Tuesday Night Worlds start up next week. The class was it's usual self. The excitement came when a group of us went to Kayak's in Brentwood afterward. We were treated a theological argument between an agnostic religion hater and an evangelical (my impression) wanting to spread the word to the aforementioned agnostic.

This is a conversation that I avoid, especially with a strongly committed person. I would rather save my time and beat my head against a wall. That's all you end up doing anyway, in a figurative way.

The exchange got heated at times but remained civil and lasted the entire time. There were holes in both people's arguments but it was humorous to listen to as the two of them tried valiantly to change the others mind.

In a completely unrelated note, I was sitting on the porcelain throne at work early this morning. I glanced over at the toilet paper dispenser and saw an extra roll sitting atop the dispenser. This roll was still in its paper wrapper so I unconsciously read the label. I forget the brand of paper but below the name was the description facial quality bathroom tissue" That, I presume, is supposed to imply that the paper has a certain softness. Is there really a "facial quality" standard? Does the government perform tests to guarantee its quality? Either way I can't help but be distressed at the mental image toilet paper on the face.

Photo of the Day: This morning's sunrise

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobber said...

Well, I know I am guitly of those kind of arguments sometimes. I hope they were not guys on the team.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home