Friday, April 07, 2006

A big weekend of racing. Tomorrow is Hillsboro and it looks like a tough day. Cooler than what we have for the last week or so and the winds look to be strong enough to cause some difficulty. In fact, I can hear the wind blowing hard outside the window right now at 10:15pm.

Hillsboro has always been tough on me. Year one, as a four, was pretty good but I got separated from the leaders on a windy section along the farm roads off Walshville Trail. Year two I raced 35+ and went down in a gravelly turn less than halfway through lap one. I was scraped up but rode the remainder of the lap and quit. Year three I missed because I was at the Tour of Georgia and last year I was caught behind some goober in the feed zone and a big gap opened. I just about caught back on at the base of the 2nd hill going in to town but I was blown from the effort to get back on. I started the third lap but began to cramp a couple miles from the line. Rather than destroy myself doing 20 crampy miles I turned around and headed back to the car.

We will see what tomorrow brings. Much pain will be handed out. With any luck I will be spared one of those hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home