Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Tuesday Nite Worlds were settled quickly. About 2 laps in, the winning break was established. Too early for me to be doing that after just eating and getting a 3/4 lap warmup. Looked like a group of Doggies, Clones, Mesas, Mr Hill and maybe a couple others. Most of the race I had a low level stomach cramp and tried to keep it under control without doing too much crazy stuff. I did go to the front a couple times to try and lift the pace but they were rather futile efforts. In the finale, I got 7th among the pack. Not bad but I have to believe there wasn't a whole lot of effort being put forth.

Today I did a quick ride on the Bottoms after dinner. A little TT out to 21 and then ATT sprints all the way to the soccer fields. Then I turned around and did a shorter set back to Lower Meramec Park. After a little cool down I rode back on Wells, a side trip into Suson and then back home through the subdivisions. Did the hills back home in 53x19. Didn't ride them hard but tried to focus on out of the saddle technique. I've been feeling out of sorts in the hills and this actually created some positive feelings.

I should have had the camera along for the ride. The late afternoon sun was bathing the land in a beautiful light. The river, some horses, etc all looked very good

My man Valverde came up big in Fleche Wallone today. Everyone has been gloating over Boonen all season and with good reason but this kid has got big talent. If he can just improve on his TT, he is a serious threat in the Tour future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home