Sunday, April 23, 2006

Saturday we made another attempt at last week's ride. This time without getting lost. We succeeded. It's not surprising we made the wrong turn last week because there is no street sign showing Hwy BB going to the right. BB was a nice road. One small hill at the start put some fear into us that the road would be tough but instead it was very slight downhill the whole way. A nice road. Then it was Regina Rd which I expected to be a tough hilly road but it turned out very manageable. Some small bumps in the road but nothing hard. The road surface typical chip and seal but there was no loose gravel. Chip and seal roads always seem slow compared to a freshly asphalted road.

Mark struggled all day with a phantom shifting problem. He seemed to be having an off day too. Before High Ridge, he was going to go on his own but I got him to keep going. Finally, as we approached High Ridge on the way back, he told us to go on ahead. Joe was wanting to ride more since it was such a nice day. We did a Rock Creek, Old Lemay, Lions Den and Binning loop. After doing the loop, I peeled off onto Hilltop and headed home. There were things like grass cutting that needed to be done. Despite cutting this ride a little shorter I still had 76 miles. That was plenty

On the way home, I was cruising down a slight hill on Dutch Bottom. Up ahead I saw a White Toyota RAV4 in a driveway on the left with a couple cops standing nearby. I glanced over as I went by and the cop yells something at me. I replied "What?" and he repeated "27 mph!". I smiled and waved. If I had known they had a sneaky radar set up I would have tried to get a really good speed rating. On second thought, maybe that wouldn't have been a good thing to try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home