Sunday, April 30, 2006

Forest Park went pretty well today. The day didn't start well. For the second time in three years I forgot to bring shorts to this race. Not sure what the mental hangup is. This time I realized my mistake at Elm Ave instead of Hampton Ave., like last time. I got back to Forest Park at noon. Still enough time to not be rushed but there was no wamup after meeting with a few guys to discuss strategy.

Basically, I went out and tried to do the same as Saturday. Work hard, get in breaks, start breaks. Whatever it be. The bigger, stronger fields today made my just tougher and not quite as successful but I thought I rode pretty strong and did some good things. Like last week, the final laps slowed so I made a push with a lap and a half. It wasn't a killer but it lasted the length of the backstretch before guys started coming around. One thing I was happy with is that I still had some kick for the final lap and finished in the low 20's I would guess.

Aaron got 2nd and did pretty well in the overall I think. So that's good. The team rode well today. Ted was a horse, Matt, Aaron and Jose were good at getting in dangerous looking breaks, Fullerini did well just to show up after yesterdays crash and he still went to the front a few times. All in all, it was a satisfying weekend.

I'm a little sore right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobber said...

Good job. You are one tough bike racing hombre (not to forget Fullerini as well).

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home