Tuesday, April 25, 2006

It's Tuesday, it's cloudy and it is 48 freakin' degrees and I refuse to race tonight. Could I race tonight? Yes. Do I want to race tonight? Obviously not. I raced and trained all damn winter in freezing temperatures. Now that it is the end of April I feel I have earned the right to say "No more cold weather racing/riding!" If I wanted to wanted to do training races in sub 50 temperatures at this time of year I would live in Minnesota some other northern location.

And by the way, Valverde kicked some butt again Sunday in Liege. He was the beneficiary of some great work by Rodriguez leading up to the finale but he was untouchable in the sprint. Not even close. The same thing when OLN showed the finish of Fleche. Two guys tried to attack on either side from just behind him. He saw them coming up alongside, he accelerated and they got no better than dead-even with him before he got up to speed and walked away with the win. The guy is big time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

Re: TNW:
I thought the same thing: "I refuse to race in 50F at the end of April!"...but since I bought the season ticket, I figured, "Eh, I already paid for it...might as well!" good times and a nice small field (ie. comparable to last year).

Re: Valverde being strong as ox:
Who's his doctor? ;)

10:34 PM  
Blogger Bike Drool said...

Klages, I didn't go either (the 25th). But I was sure it was going to rain, and it never did. Oh well.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home