Thursday, May 18, 2006

Okay, time to start riding again... some day. No, really, I think tomorrow I will touch my bike. This little mid-season break has been nice. Almost too nice. But, I'm getting itchy about riding again. This weekend won't be much riding either since I have to keep an eye on what is happening at work. So, when the time allow, I will sneak out for a couple hours or so providing it is dry. If not, I'll set the trainer up at the entrance of the garage and watch the cars go by.

Been looking at towns in Italy again. For a northern base of mountain riding I keep looking toward Trento, Bormio and Bolzano with an outside possibility of Cortina

And speaking of Italy, Basso put another couple nails in the Giro coffin today. The pure climbers (Cunego, Simoni, Rujano, etc) all sucked in today 50k TT. Cunego lost 5 minutes to Basso. Holy crap! That's huge. Gutierrez did respectably. Gonchar rode pretty well but he can't climb the super steep stuff that is coming. Savoldelli did decent but he can't out-climb Basso either. Danielson actually did okay too and moved up to 5th overall. Right now, my gut is telling me that Danielson is going to outdo his teammate Savoldelli in the big mountains if the team gives him free rein to ride his own race and not nurse Paolo if he is struggling.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bobber said...

But can Basso still win the Tour?

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Basso might win the Giro. I think he might get sick from over work, but he might hang on.

He won't win the Tour. Ullrich is going to smutha him.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home