Monday, July 31, 2006

Sunday I decided to stay out of the heat and ride the trainer while watching Floyd bonk on La Toussuire. Knocked out 20 minutes of riding when my rear tire sprung a leak. That proved to be a perfectly sucky time for a flat, after just getting warmed up. On top of that, I had no extra tubes so I had to take a tube out of a another wheel. This thing was a bitch and a half to try and get the tire off. Sweat was pouring off me and I was inside.

After my tussle with the tube, I mixed in some intervals and had a total ride time of 1:30. Sweat poured off me the whole time but it had to be infinitely better than being outside at 1pm. The plan is for a similar workout tonight. It's time to get serious for the last month of the season. State Crit is this Sunday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't care how hot it is... it has to be better than sitting on the trainer.

Suck it up and get outside and ride.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

The trainer can be boring but it provides some good specific training. If I were to go out I fear I'd feel the heat and loaf around and not do much of anything.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home