Sunday, September 17, 2006

I've been a slug all week so I fetl it would be good to get out and ride Saturday. At the team meeting, Joe and I had discussed doing an 8am ride at Meramec. Joe must have had something else come up because he never showed up. That's alright. I got in a few miles

Random thoughts: USPS/Discovery is contemplating a sawsuit against Frankie Andreu for saying he took EPO in preparation for the '99 Tour. Lance tends to file a lot of lawsuits but what is the point of this. The admitting doping took place 7 yrs ago and Andreu never implicated the team. In a time when more openness from riders about what drugs they do/did so that the sport can be cleaned up, there is nothing like a good lawsuit to shut people up and keep everything hidden in the drug closet.

For the first time, I went to the Forest Park balloon glow Friday night. I expected a good crowed but not that many people. I passed up a parking spot not long after entering the park. Big mistake. Twenty-five minutes later I found another spot, nearly on the other side of Forest Park. It was kind of cool, though, and I will try to post a picture or two.

Franco Ballerini passed over Francesco Del Ponte for the Italian World Championship team. There is no justice.

In all seriousness, the Italian team is stacked. There might be too many stars and not enough watercarriers, but I would take my chances with this team over the lame-ass US team. Pozzato, DiLuca, Rebellin, Ballan lead the team with Clown Bettini. Even support riders like Tosatto, Paolini and Bruseghin are pretty heavy hitters.

I find it ironic that the recent E Coli breakout caused by spinach originated at the country's largest organic food producer. The Food Police are some of the most annoying people around and seeing "healhy", organic food put 100+ people in the hospital puts a little warmth in my heart. However, I do hope everyone gets better and feel sorry for the family of the dead person.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/vuelta06/vuelta0621/DV112647.jpg
"Twice I asked the bastard for some gold bar tape! Did I get any? Well look for yourself!!!! ...the tiny little I-talian bastard!"

7:34 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Very good.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home