Monday, January 29, 2007

My cold improved today. Not riding Sunday was probably a good thing. Not that I felt like riding with the splitting headache I had. My chest is pretty clear right now and my sinuses didn't drain too much. Maybe I can whip this thing without too much trouble.

Since I'm laying low for a few days it seems like a good time to hand out a few more award for 2006.
Best new road: I've gone back and forth on this category. Heads Creek almost got the win but it is inconvenient to get to. Instead, I chose the Mueller Rd/Zingg Rd combination. Mueller's repetitive turns followed by the tree-lined Zingg and quick plunging descent makes for a fun section of road.
Christopher Columbus award: While waiting for the ferry crossing on the banks of the big wide river in Ste Genevieve Justin asks "Is this the Mississippi?"
Fashion trendsetter of the year: Giuseppe gets the award for accidentally putting on his jersey backwards in preparation for our Gran Fondo.
Worst tire inflation of the year: I'm the proud winner of this illustrious award. My tire went flat just as we pulled into a gas station in Festus. I changed the tire and was going to use my frame pump when someone suggested using the station's air hose. I walked to the side of the building, deposited my money, the machine started and I placed the air hose on the valve. As hard as I tried, the tire would not inflate and I was more than a little confused. After pondering the situation for a while I realized that I put my money in the vacuum cleaner instead of the air compressor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home