Sunday, March 25, 2007

Felt much better on the bike today. Didn't always push real hard, though. It was a really nice day and I was plenty happy to just enjoy the ride and not punish myself going up the hills. There were a couple times I dug a little deeper and they went okay. Anything would have been an improvement over Saturday.

The animals must know it is spring. They were out in force. My bike was like a squirrel magnet. There must have been five times squirrels came running out into the road toward my wheels. Somehow, all emerged unscathed. Even the one the went between the wheels.

The wildlife tally for the ride would be: Too many squirrels to count. One dead raccoon. I never realized raccoons were as big as they are. One large snake about 4 ft long in a tree and 4 or 5 deer running in a field and crossing the bike path just in front of us.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw you guys on Meramec Bottom. Were you coming back from Jeffco? I'm guessing you had 60-70 mi. in by that time.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Was that you that went by on the yellow bike as we pulled over to fix a flat?

We didn't have 60-70 miles in but there were plenty of hills on the route.

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah that was me - saw you between Hagemann and Wells - was just starting out. Didn't see that someone had flatted. Hope everything turned out ok.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Nik...we've never actually met face to face, and I'd loved to have said hello...oh well.

Everything turned out okay; just business as usual.

2 things on which Jim can always rely:

1) I'll be late.
2) Fuller will either have a flat or at least a leaking tire!

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home