Friday, April 06, 2007

Thursday evening I felt sufficiently normal enough to again get on the bike for an hour or so.  Despite feeling better I was not going to push the pace too much.  This ride was all about moderation and getting the body moving again.  Small ring the whole time, 39x16 and 17. 

The cool, windy conditions that blew in a couple days ago felt good and seemed proper with Flanders and Roubaix taking place the next two weekends.  I rode through the rolling subdivision roads down to Parque Suson.  The redbud's remained strongly bloomed while the dogwoods were in the twilight of their floral glory.  Ducks wandered near the lakes, while horses and cows lazily roamed the field, softly lit by the evening light.  Five times I ascended both sides of the hill that leads into the park.  Only on the 10th and final ascent did I lift the tempo slightly to test myself. 

Satisfied with the ride, it was back through the hills of the subdivision and home after seeing who was roaming around the shopping centers on Tesson.  There were no ill effects from the ride so I appear to be well on the road to recovery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home