Thursday, July 12, 2007

After a rough start to the week I finally was able to get a couple nights in a row of productive training. Not long rides but good intensity but, at this time of year, that will suit me just fine.

Not long after heading out tonight I looked up the road and saw two riders making a left turn onto the road ahead of me. It was hard to tell from a distance whether they were neighborhood folk out for leisurely ride but they appeared to have full kits on. I picked up the pace just to see who they might be. About a mile later I caught up to them. One was in a Grand Performance kit and the other in a Univ of Rochester kit. Strange to see those deep in the heart of SoCo. With my curiosity satisfied I was going to peel off with a right turn when they turned the same way. I followed them down into the valley and up the next hill when I truly did pull off and head out to my planned ride. Strangely enough, we crossed paths again as I started to head home on W. Watson.
------------------------
Today's TdF Stage 5 was the first day that had potential overall GC implications. Vinokourov crashed late in the stage and lost 1:18 despite his Astana teammates giving a TTT effort to try and drag him back up to a storming peloton.

When reporters asked Vino about the cause of the crash he replied, "The crash had nothing to do with the performance enhancing drugs that I did not take with Telekom or, that the Astana team is not taking when we ride in our solid black jerseys."

Okay, I made that quote up. But, it sounds like many of his recent guilty sounding pleas of innocence.
-------------------------
My fantasy team continues to rack up a solid performance. Cancellara, Kloden and Boonen's strong, steady riding continue to buoy the team almost all by themselves, while Chavanel helped out today with his breakaway effort and mountain points. Currently I stand in 93rd place out of 2495 teams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home