Sunday, August 19, 2007

Following my trainer workouts on Thursday and Friday, my legs were really stiff for Saturday morning's ride. I had they would loosen up as the ride went on but they didn't seem to get much better. Just as we reached Maeystown Rd my legs gave up and had to ease up a little on the way into town.

The return trip was a battle against leg cramps. On the way to Valmeyer. On the B Road. On the Levee Rd. On the Bluff Rd. Not a whole lot of fun. I think my fluid levels were down quite a bit after sweating a lot on the trainer and made me susceptible to the cramps. The bad part about day's like that are not being able to get a good read on how you are really riding. Instead, it turns into surviving the ride.

Today I was still a little sore and rode the trainer for only an hour and a reasonable tempo. I just wanted to try and get the legs moving and loosen up the muscles. They feel a little better this evening.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you have targets for how many hours you want to be on a trainer in a week? how many hours riding, total?

7:46 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

No. I am notoriously unstructured in my training. In the winter, I am a little better about following a training cycle. In the summer, I am more lax about structure. That would probably explain some of my lousy conditioning right now.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home