Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I've been rather preoccupied lately and completely ignoring the blog. How has the world survived?

The bike had been ignored lately too. A little downtime was needed after the road season and before cyclocross. Cross starts this Saturday down in Carbondale and I have serious doubts about racing. My heart says race and the typically low turnout generally means I can poach a few series points. My mind is just not into racing right now. Racing 'cross in 80+ degree weather doesn't seem right either.

What else is going on? Hmmm.

I registered for KC Cross Nats weekend. Not really the weekend I guess. My race is on Thursday.

Kong Constance made an appearance at Stage 6 of the Tour of Missouri. He desires to race again and actually made to the Columbia ride this past Sunday. He seemed to be dragging toward the end but I give him credit for riding all the way to Maeystown. That had to be a big shock to his system after such a long layoff.

Landis was found guilty by the USADA. Surprise, surprise. This topic has been beaten to death by all the expert amateur urine analyzers on the internet. In the end, they conclude that Floyd is innocent due to a conspiracy. Either the French didn't want an American to win the Tour again or the lab conspired to cover up a initial bad urinalysis as if they are incapable of admitting a mistake. Whatever. Was protocol followed exactly by LNDD? No. Are trained monkeys doing the testing? No. Give the lab some credit. Five of Floyd's samples showed exogenous testosterone. I simply cannot believe that an accredited testing lab could be so incompetent that it could screw up that many tests. How many of the people that insist LNDD screwed up Floyd's sample are arguing that Vinokourov is innocent?

Enough of that crap.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how homologous blood doping positives always come in twos within the same team. Not that I'm saying that people have trouble keeping the bags straight as to whose is whose or anything...I'm just sayin.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home