Sunday, September 09, 2007

Good sensations.

No, not me. Although, I did feel pretty good on Saturday's ride. We never pushed it all that hard so I suppose I should feel good. Dang, it was humid but it was cloudy and the temps were under control.

My plan was to do Millstadt Biathlon this morning but my ankles just won't allow it. They still have muscle soreness from my treadmill escapade Thursday evening. It hurts to push off as I roll through the ball of my feet. If I went to the race, I would be hobbling for 5 miles. Not my idea of fun.

Who had the good sensations on Saturday? Sammy Sanchez. In the wake of all the doping problems the last few months, ProTour riders have been very tranquil. They just couldn't afford to have good sensations. That is a dangerous thing, indeed.

Sammy needed a good result though, and he took the chance. From cyclingnews --
Euskaltel-Euskadi's leader Samuel Sanchez had help from a former Spanish time trial great, but still was at his limit to finish 19th, and is now in 11th overall, 4'09 back. "I had very good sensations especially because I had the luck to have Igor Gonzalez de Galdeano [following me] in the car team," Sanchez said. "He was the one who was pushing me all the time in psychological terms; he didn't let me lose concentration for one minute. He asked me all the time to remain concentrated, not to look to the front, to look at my shadow, to think of the way I was riding. It was a time trial to be strong psychologically because the Zaragoza straight lines can make you suffer easily."

Maybe, if Igor had not constantly been breaking your concentration by talking in your ear "all the time" asking you to remain concentrated, you could have concentrated more and thus finished better than 19th place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home