Friday, August 31, 2007

Three weeks have passed since my KC humiliation.  I have not raced since.  Not even a Tues Worlds.  I have not purposely stayed away.  If temperatures had been something less than the eternal fires of Hades, I most likely would have raced.

 

This three week exile brings me to Gateway Cup without any firm idea of my condition.  Surprisingly, I enter the weekend in a positive mood.  I'm not confident enough to pronounce that I have the proverbial good sensations but I feel pretty good.  The weird "sick" feeling that started before KC and lingered on has finally gone away this week.  I had a little relapse Thurs night but feel pretty good again today.

 

My revised bike position is untested but feels good.  The more consistent training could not have hurt.  Plus, the weekly regimen of EPO, Salbutamol, Actovegin, Aranesp, testosterone and pot belge may yield just enough improvement that I can hide in the pack for the whole race.

Explore the seven wonders of the world Learn more!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted C. MacRae said...

Temps were great at last weekend's Otterville RR (presumably also the crit the night before) - and it wasn't as far a drive as KC ;-)

Good luck this weekend - sounds like our 3s team will be small.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home