Thursday, September 06, 2007

I didn't have a real urge to race Monday after Sunday's crash.  All things considered, I actually okay though.  A little elbow soreness was the only discomfort.
 
The race started and I figured "What the hell", why not do the same as yesterday and attack on the first lap.  The pack was strung out a bit more so it was more difficult to take the lead but halfway up the backstretch I was out front.  My jump wasn't as good and as I started down Delmar and Hub rider came around me.  There goes my first lap glory. 
 
I suppose I could have tried more to wind the first lap but thought it was wiser to just slot into second.  Up the backstretch, I pushed the pace again but began to get gassed toward the end of the uphill and made a quick slide through the field.  A few laps later and my breath had come back to me but I still spent the rest of the race just about at the rear of the race.  The one good thing is that the adrenaline made me completely forget about any crash pain I did have. 
 
The same couldn't be said for the guy that got taken away in an ambulance.  Three times in four races someone was carted away in an ambulance.  It was a brutal weekend. 
 
Sitting on the back of the race, eventually became too much and I was out of the race at 35 minutes.  I wouldn't say it was a satisfying result but getting back on the bike and racing was good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home