Friday, March 28, 2008

In just under 17 hours I will be starting yet another Hillsboro-Roubaix DNF.

If this year is the same as past years I will just underdress just enough to make racing that little bit too uncomfortable. As we start the trek back into town, probably on the first lap, I will manage to get gapped. The gap may not be my own doing but the gap will happen. Desperately, I will chase into the crosswind and headwind. The gap will be shut down to about 30ft, when I will pop. At that point, the muther that has been on my wheel will dance around me, catch the tail of the pack and then go on to have a f'ing respectable finish. Meanwhile, I will be stewing in anger on my much too early drive home.

Yes, I have lived this story more than a few times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home