Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My new bike was not ready until yesterday afternoon, so I drove up to the shop after dinner. The new 'dale looks mighty pretty. The boys did a nice job cleaning up all my gunky, old components and presented me with a lovely, shiny piece of silver aluminumosity.

Picking up the bike meant that I missed the first Tues Nite US Army World Domination crit of the year. With nothing better to do, I took the long way home by stopping by the park to catch some of the action. The A Race had just completed so I hung out for a while and watched the much abbreviated and lighting deprived B Race. Standing on the sidelines felt odd but next week I should be back out there getting to used to crits again.

This evening I had to get out for an hour and check out the new ride and make any tweaks to the bike setup. The handlebars seemed about spot on. The saddle however was about 1 3/4" to low. That felt very odd and was quickly changed. I still think I may need to raise the saddle by another 1/8" or so.

Next on the agenda is setting up the old frame as a TT bike. I bought the aerobars while picking up the new bike yesterday. I need to figure something out for the gruppo. My old 9-speed was a possibility but I parted a few of those pieces out. Not an issues that cannot be overcome.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home