Monday, September 29, 2008

While I neglected this blog for much of the last month I still had thoughts running through my head. Unfortunately, I am not bright enough to actually write these thoughts down and I am too old to actually remember things. Here are a few things that have stuck in my mind.

First item on my list goes back to the Olympics and continued on to the recent World Cycling Championships in Varese this past weekend. Here is what I would like to see happen. After an athlete wins the gold medal please, please, please do not pose on the podium for photographers by biting the gold medal. I'm tired of seeing this same old pose all the time. And if the photogs are asking for that pose, refuse them. Yes, I know the tradition behind biting gold to see if it is real. Take my word, those medals do not have a high percentage of gold.

While on the topic of the Olympics I have to mention synchronized swimming. Aside from the fact that the event should not be in the Olympics, can the female swimmers do away with the outrageous eye shadow/makeup. They look like cheap hookers in a bizarre aquatic kabuki nightmare.






Finally, what is the story behind the big electronic message boards on the local highways, specifically I-270. I do not know for sure that the messages appear on the other local interstates but I drive 270 every day and always see these messages. Frequently the boards now show a message that states "NO TRUCKS OVER 24T IN LEFT LANE EXCEPT TO EXIT". My question is where around here is there a left lane exit off a highway? There might be a left-hand exit downtown. If there is, fine, then display the messages as you drive into downtown. Don't put the messages all along I-270 where there absolutely is no such exit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home