Thursday, October 02, 2008

Got back out on the cross bike last night for the first time since being sick. It did not take long for me to be sucking wind. On the road this past weekend, I could kind of bluff my way through any lack of fitness. Not so when riding through grass, braking, accelerating and going up sharp little climbs. So, I have some work to do in the next couple weeks.

As a little extra punishment, I hit a hole or something on one of my early laps. Never saw the darn thing. Next thing I know, my rear wheel is hopping out from under me and I am instinctively counter-steering to stay upright. The whole incident was a split second but somehow I cracked my knee cap somewhere on the bike. I figure it was either the bar end or the front brake. Tore a little skin off and drew some blood but that mother. I could hardly put any pressure on the pedal for a lap or so. Even today, the knee is quite sore to the touch. Feels like I bruised the bone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home