Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The plan is to just chill out today in preparation for Hillsboro on Saturday. I have a little score to settle with that course. As a 4, three years ago, I did okay but just got split off the winning break in a vicious crosswind and headwind. Two years ago my wheel slipped out from under me in a turn on the first lap. I chased valiantly to catch back on but quit after one lap and got some first aid for my road rash. Last year, I was coming back from the Tour of Georgia and missed the race. I have hopes for a pretty good finish if I ride well and smart. The team has a few people capable of doing well in my opinion.

News Item of the Day: Nick Mattan won Gent-Wevelgem today after making a big, last kilometer charge to catch John Anthony Flecha. Flecha's team Fassa Bortolo protested saying Mattan drafted of some vehicles in order catch Flecha. The race jury turned down the protest but fined the driver of a Shimano neutral support car and warning other motorbikes

Viewpoint: Danilo Hondo tested positive for the stimulant Carphedon. A substance that is not in any drug available on the market. Apparently it is effective in increasing physical endurance and cold resistance. It's also used for amnesia treatment. Hondo is quoted as saying "I know that this may sound ridiculous, but I don't know how the stuff got into my body." I guess Carphedon isn't any good at treating selective amnesia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home