Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Monday night before the meeting I picked up a 48t chainring and 16t cog and a chain for the fixed gear. They guy who helped me was nice but for whatever reason he looked at the chains and said they were out of 8-speed but that the 9-speed would work. That seemed odd because there were some boxes that looked like the chain I bought last fall He was supposed to be the fixed-gear guy so I took his word.

This morning before going to work, out of curiosity, I pulled out the chain and chainring to see how the meshed together. They didn't work well. The peaks of the chainring are the only thing that were grabbing the chain. The thickness of the chainring was too great of the inner links of the chain.

So, it was back to the bike shop today after work to exchange the chain for a 1/8" chain. Now the chain fits perfectly and I came out of the transaction $11 to the good. A little while I just put the chain on so it will be ready for this Saturday's Track Championships. I can't take part in much of the racing because of a wedding that afternoon but I will at least do the Individual Pursuit. I am going with no expectations but will give it a go and see what happens. Maybe I can get a few pictures, too.

Not racing much on Saturday may be good since Sunday's is the Gran Fondo Ste Genevieve - Fall Edition. The weather looks good although a little warm in the afternoon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Close-up: New Orleans evacuation
Video See the latest Katrina video reports from NBC News. Blogging from Gulf Coast Follow two MSNBC.com journalists as they blog from the less publicized areas of Katrina's wrath.
Stop on by at toshiba lcd monitors

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home