Saturday, October 01, 2005

Cross season is going to suck. I feel about as quick as a lame snail. This morning I went to the local school but the football games were getting ready to start so there would be no riding up there. So, I rode over to Suson to ride the course I sometimes trained on last year. I rode up the first hill at the beginning of the lap. At the top, they have decided to not cut the grass so I altered the route a little and then headed toward the downhill section. As I crossed the gravel road there was more high grass. Wonderful. Just wonderful. There was still one way to get down the hill in short grass. I reached the bottom and found that the Parks Dept was at least nice enough to keep the grass around the lake cut. If nothing else I could pound out some short laps on the lower section of the park. But, on the really low part, the ground was rather swampy and I was in no mood to deal with it. Frustrated, I did some grassy hill repeats up the big, winter sledding hill. Ugh, that was unpleasant but mashed up the hill six times. My heart wasn't in it for any more punishment and I headed back home. My desire to race is not high and I have no desire to suffer. An attitude adjustment is needed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

Bro, sounds like you might be best served (esp. for road season 06) to lay off the cx this year. Just go with me to watch the races...we'll bring some grub, some brews (mine will be N/A) and we'll hang. Otherwise, we'll spend out free radicals generating time riding small ring throughout greater STL.

good times!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home