Friday, September 16, 2005

Chilly, overcast day today. Not that it matters since I'm locked in a central office with no windows. What did matter at work was that I had to move a hub that connects our Xerox printer to you HP mainframe. There's not much more fun than moving raised flooring tiles, pulling cables amongst a small cluster of other cables and then routing them to a new location. Somehow I must have tweaked my right knee because I was hobbling all afternoon. The pain seems to have gone away now as quickly as it appeared. Maybe I pinched a nerve or something and it worked itself out.

The pain had me scared enough that I was seriously considering not going to Penrose tomorrow morning. Not to mention Sunday's long ride being in jeopardy. But, since then, the situation seems better so I pulled out the aero bars and threw them on the fixie. They might come in handy for the Individual Pursuit. I will need all the help I can get. It seems wise to get there early and do some practice laps. A fixed gear with aero setup on a bumpy velodrome sounds like a mishap waiting to happen without having a little practice first. If I don't feel comfortable I will take the bars off and go old school. Aero-schmaero. Who needs it. It's the legs, baby..... right? Yeah, sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home