Sunday, October 09, 2005

This morning I rode the grueling Tour de Judy. A 30-mile out and back along Clayton Rd. I joke about the ride's difficulty but it is for a good cause (Breast Cancer). Since breast cancer was a contributing factor to my Mom's and since the Judy Ride is a team sponsor I am more that happy make an appearance. It was heartening to see the turnout by our team. There were likely 20-25 of us participating.

I am really stiff today. Yesterday's ride at JB must have been harder than I felt. The hammys are the most sore. I did do more dismounts "at speed" than I have so far and my legs must not have been ready for it. It might be a good thing that I have the problem now, before the racing begins next weekend. Maybe they won't as sore after next weekend. My one concern is that I seem to have slightly pulled my inner left thigh. It doesn't hurt when riding but some other ordinary movements give a little jolt of pain. I just need to be a little careful and not do any running this week. It should heal up by Saturday.

Viewpoint: Worst weather at a race this year... We had good weather almost all year. Only two races stick in my mind as being poor. Froze Toes had light rain for the last 1/3 of the race. However, I have to give this year's prize to the Cliff Drive Classic in KC. At least half our race got rained on steadily, making the snake-like course dangerous and not making the climb and descent any easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home