Friday, May 04, 2007

Rain, rain, rain. We have been rainy all week. The weather finally seems to have cleared out late this afternoon. I wasn't much in the mood for riding really wet roads today. My plan was to simply set up the trainer in the garage and put in some time on the trainer. I did that, but the 95% humidity (no joke) completely overwhelmed the nice temperatures. It only took a few minutes before the sweat was rolling off me and leaving a sea of sweat on the floor of the garage.

A half hour of that torture was enough for me. By then the roads were not as wet but there were no dry spots either. Regardless, I needed to feel some air against me and to dry off a little. In total, I had a nice hour of riding before heading into the weekend. It's Columbia IL tomorrow for some unknown distance in preparation for the Washington circuit race Sunday. From then on, it's all about prep for the trip.

The Giro starts in 8 days. Giuseppe leaves in 19 days and I leave in 20. My mind is full of little ticky-tack things that I still need to do. You would think I would some of this stuff down. Not my style, though.

Speaking of the trip, I was most likely Google-fied (I am guessing) yesterday by one of our tripmates, Brian, who found this god forsaken piece of electronic chicken scratch. He seems like a good guy and I look forward to meeting him, his wife and friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home