Monday, January 24, 2005

Despite not riding Sunday I'm sticking to my traditional Monday rest day. The middle of January seems like a good time to evaluate where I am in preparation for the upcoming year.

I think my winter has gone well so far even if I'd like to be a couple pounds lighter. There is always that little uncertainty about where you stand until you actually race but I feel strong. I think the fixed gear has helped some in that respect. When I've ridden with others, I seem to generally be ahead of them fitness-wise. Most are a little lower category though so it's hard to measure.

Next Sunday's TTT will be a good measuring stick. In the past I've been pretty strong for this event so I will be disappointed if I struggle.

Faced with a day of leisure yesterday, my mind still wandered to riding. Where? What? When? Over the next few days I think I will take the time to examine the bike and its part in my life.

Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. The jacket I ordered last Sunday arrived today. It fits, is made of a comfortable, soft fleecy type material with the "Sinchi" material on the front, arms and shoulders for wind and water protection. There is also a nice high collar to keep the neck warm. I think I will like it. One odd thing. Does Europe make their zippers different from the US? The actual zipper thingy that you pull on is on the left rather than the right. Anyway, here I am modeling the jacket.


News Item of the Day: BONN, 24.01.05 (dpa) - The existence of the German cycle racing team, T-mobile, is secured until 2008. T-mobile, contractually a sponsor until 2006, extended its sponsorship early for an extra two years. "for us that is an important signal and a character for the fact that we will be established on a long-term basis", said manager Olaf Ludwig at the team presentation, which will start the new season with 27 riders from eight nations.

Viewpoint: 2008 will mark 18 years of sponsorhip by Deutsche Telekom/T-mobile. That's quite a good run. Kelme lasted for 20+ years but I can't think of many longer sponsorships.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

I don't know that I "deserve" two days rest. Actually, it just makes me feel lazy.

Not sure that I will explain the bikes "role" in my life. That sounds pretty lofty. A little background on me and my riding is more what I had in mind. We'll see what gets created.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I forgot to answer your question. No fixie on Saturday and the distance was probably about 35 miles. Not sure.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Bobber said...

Man are you stylin'! No actually it sounds like a very nice jacket. But what happened to your head!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

I figured my ugly mug wasn't the point of the picture so I left it out. No reason to frighten the women and children.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home