Friday, January 21, 2005

I'm chilling tonight. Not as much as I'll be chlling tomorrow when I am riding in the cold morning air. The forecast is for temps right about freezing and 25mph winds. BRRR!!! At least the snow has pretty much been taken out of the forecast. A little rain tonight that could cause some freezing problems but I'm not concerned. I wish my new jacket would have been delivered this week. You can't ask for real quick delivery though when it's coming from Germany.

News Item of the Day: Cofidis workhorse Matt White delighted not only himself but also the better part of the peloton when he won his first big victory in six years, the fourth stage of the Jacob's Creek Tour Down Under. After a well-timed breakaway from the peloton, he also broke away from his fellow escapees within the final kilometres close to the finish.

"Well, I'm glad that a lot of people are happy for me," Matt White said from the back seat of his team car after the stage. "This is an important win to our team since it's the first win of the season. It's always good to get a win early in the season, just to keep things rolling. You wouldn't want to wait until late May to get it. The win's also important to me, since it's my first big win since '99. I have won a few smaller races in Australia, and also the odd team time trial, but this is the first win I have got for myself since then."


Viewpoint: Mr. White looks pretty happy 'bout the win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home