Tuesday, April 19, 2005

After skipping last week's races because of rain I made a grand return to the Tuesday Nite Worlds. My warmup was lacking tonight so the few laps served as my warmup as I lingered near the back to start and slowly worked my up front each lap. Just as I got near the front, Joe and about 4 other top riders established the break hat would again lap the field. From then on I played an aggressively passive race trying to mark as many moves as I could but not pulling through with any gusto. Not that I had a lot to give to be perfectly honest. I was hanging on wheels.

This was a good workout and after 25 minutes of this I drifted back to the relative comfort of the pack and regained some composure before moving back up a few laps later. With 4 laps to go I gave what I had to bridge up to an attack. Afterward I was pretty gassed and the pack reeled us back in. In the end I figure I was somewhere in the mid-teens.

In the B race I just sat back and got in some miles. I look at this race as being more for the 4/5's so I let them do their thing and try not to interfere too much. If the opportunity arises I may give a go, but that didn't happen tonight. All in all, it was a good evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home