Friday, April 22, 2005

I've decided to just relax this evening and let the weekend bring what it will. I have to be at Carondelet early in the morning to help with race setup. If need be I could always take a little spin in the morning in preparation for the races later in the afternoon.

I swapped the rear cluster on my lighter Am Classics. I took off the 12x23 and put on a 12x27. Since I'm not familiar with the hill on the TT course I want to be prepared. In the past, others have mentioned how tough the climb is but I've never gone out there to investigate. Thats not my nature. Usually I like to check out the tough climbs around town. Anyway, I may not need the extra gearing but it can't hurt to have it in reserve just in case.

The mention of hills brings to mind that I've often wanted to catalog many of the local climbs sometime and put them up on a website. List things like distance and gradient. Maybe have accompanying photos. Stuff like that.

News Item of the Day: Lance managed to have a solid day today in Georgia. He finished seventh, part of a smallish lead group that survived some nasty rain and five categorized climbs. I rode two of the climbs last year, Neel's Gap and Wolfpen Gap. They are nice climbs. Tougher than anything around here but not absolute killers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home