Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Monday we had our team meeting. The main order of business was the team kits being available for pick up. Afterward, however, I bought some new hoops to roll on. I finally tired of my old Mavic's. They have served me well but were a little chunky and the rear rim got a bit chewed in last weeks crash. Not to mention the amount of lateral play I discovered on Saturday's ride, particularly when out of the saddle. So, it was time for something new.

Tuesday I got to the World's course earlier than usual and was actually able to ride quite a few laps. I put the new front wheel on but hadn't gotten around to putting a cassette on the rear so I rode the old rear wheel. During the warm up my legs were really poor. There was no snap at all.

Maybe it was my bad legs but the race felt like it started really fast. On top of that, I was not comfortable going through turn two. I think it was partly due to last week's crash in that turn. The bike also felt different. Maybe it was the new wheel or having two new tires but I was feeling things differently than I was accustomed to feeling. My comfort increased as the race went on but I was still thinking more than I should have. The race itself was nothing special. I could move up at times but I didn't have anything to offer to the race other than just sitting in.

Today I did five laps around a neighborhood circuit I sometimes ride. Again tonight my legs were very heavy feeling. They got a little better as I rode but after 45 minutes I stopped. I didn't feel I was getting much out of the ride other than riding in a big loop. Instead, I went back home and put the cassette on the new rear wheel. The cassette swap went smoothly and I did a couple quicker but hillier loops around the neighborhood. I like what I felt.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobber said...

So what kind of wheels did you get?

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home