Monday, August 07, 2006

Jeff City was an oven Sunday. Along Hwy 50 we saw a couple time/temp sign showing 93-94 degrees and that was a little before 11am. Those same signs were reading 103 on the way home so I think they were reading a little high. Still, at 1pm, must have been at least 95.

The team rode okay. Joe got himself in an early break of seven. It was the move of the day and stayed away for duration. Kudos to the group for staying away. The pro/1/2's almost always have an escape group but that was the first time I remember a group staying away in any of the races I have been in. Joe finished a solid 6th. Good to see an unselfish worker earn a good finish.

The rest of the team was decent. Ted put himself near the front for most of the race and was a terrific policeman and finished 14th. Jose was up front a good amount of the day. Aaron made a valiant attempt to bridge up to the lead group. Chris hung in well for his first time racing on the course. I marked the first move of the day. Beyond that, I tucked myself in the pack for most of the race and finished 22nd. Unspectacular, but solid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home