Sunday, August 13, 2006

Since there was no going to KC I spent Saturday and Sunday doing my own thing. Saturday I just rode around with a few harder efforts. I was out for 3 hrs but a good portion of that was goofing around in Minnie HaHa and Fenton Park and finally Winter Park as a family of five hooked up this contraption they called a boat. It was two canoes attached with a platform, a small motor and a canopy covering at least half the length of the canoes. Normally I wouldn't have watched but the daughter was nice looking. They took much longer than I anticipated but it was good viewing before heading up Corisande Hills. I wasn't in a great gear going up but dang that sucker hurt. Then down by 141 I did some exploring and checked out Fiedler Rd. It is a dead end road so I never checked it out before but it goes further than I expected and is a pretty good hill.

Today I went to the Bottoms and and did some sprint intervals before crossing the Meramec and taking Old 141 and Corisande (the opposite direction) into Winter Park. Nothing much was going on there so I headed to Fenton Park before heading back to Old Gravois. I went up the hill in a good sized gear, 53x17 I think. It wasn't a hammerfest up the hill but a nice tempo. I like the way it went. The sprint intervals, though, were probably the most needed part of the ride today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home