Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Monday night I was able to pick up my cross bike before the team meeting. It's all shiny and seemingly smooth working. I can't wait to get on and check it out. The shifter will work since I bought a new one and the new cables and pads will cause the brakes to actually work well. I went ahead and had the brakes/levers swapped despite Butthead's advice. I wanted to try the setup and I'm a hard-headed german. Only one way to know whether I will like the setup or not.

I'm going to be on the trainer tonight. My legs tightened up a little Tuesday from Sunday's ride. I was lazy though and didn't get on the bike so I need to get the legs moving again. I'll probably try and simulate a CX race, as much as you can, on the trainer.

The temps better cool down by next weekend. Racing cross in 80 degree heat is not right.

The press release announcing next year's Tour of MO came out in today's P-D. Mike said the race was being announced next week so I wasn't expecting it this quickly. He also mentioned other possible news regarding the race but that it is much too early to announce anything.

Grand Tour rumors: I'm reading internet rumors of the Giro going over Monte Zoncolan next year. The Zoncolan is said to be the toughest mountain in Europe. I also read that they might return to the gravel-topped Finestre that was ridden in '05.

On the other hand, I also read that the Tour might also use the Finestre. I've also seen speculation that they might use part of the Roubaix course again as well as returning to Mont Ventoux and the Puy de Dome.

I can imagine the Giro rumors coming to fruition. The Tour going to the Finestre and also returning to the cobbles, I would guess, is less than 50%. I'd like to see it happen but will wait for the presentation in a few weeks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

Without Lance and Landis highlights, what will the highlight reel at the route presentation show? Dessel getting dropped in the maillot jaune?

8:32 PM  
Blogger Bobber said...

Sounds like your cross rig is ready to go. Matt L. at the shop is sporting a new Sycip frame for the season. Got a look at it yesterday. Very nice.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home