Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Tuesday Worlds went okay this evening. The temperatures were in the low 90's and that seemed to take some of the aggression out of the riders. There were still attacks and even one that stuck but the pack seemed semi-aggressive. There were surges and some attempts to bridge but nothing much materialized.

Fifteen minutes in there was a little lull as we rounded the final turn. Giroard pulled off the front and no one was eager to continue so I shot through the hole from about 5 back. They let me go, of course. Nagy bridged up to me after one lap. He pulled a half lap before I took us up the hill and to the finish. He rolled through again and I was cooked. Two laps this week was better than the 3/4 lap last week. I'll take that as some improvement. My recovery was not great but I wasn't about to get dropped either.

The rest of the race I floated around the pack and moved up some for the bell lap. The race was setting up okay for the final sprint but the outside got plugged up with cooked riders so I sat up too rather than try and force my way through. All in all, I did okay but I do okay most Tuesday nights. It's race day that has been my buggaboo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home