Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The folks must have taken their vitamins before tonight's Tues Nite Worlds. We took off like a bat out of hell from the gun and didn't seem to let up at all until the 25 minute mark. Uncharacteristically, I moved up toward the front after the first lap and stayed within the front 10 or 15 for the first 18 minutes before drifting back. As mentioned before, the pace stayed high with guy after guy going off the front. About 26 minutes in my rubber band just about snapped. I dangled about 15 ft off the back, gasping for air and begging for mercy. Finally, some sanity came back to the race and things eased up a little. From then on I was just moved around in the pack. I'd move forward on the second half of the course and drift back on the first half. I was in no position on the last lap and put it on cruise control.

After the race, I overheard some post race talk and Cummings mentioned having a 27mph avg. That has to be the fastest Tuesday of the year.

Their must have been something floating in the air tonight. I'm hacking some gunk up out of my lungs right now. Seems pretty minor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home