Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Went out in the heat again tonight with the intention of getting some interval work. Headed over to Schuessler, a lightly traveled two lane road. This isn't an ideal road for intervals because of its lightly rolling nature but section I chose for my minute intervals is challenging. I start on a very slight decent to get rolling before it quickly flattens out. Two-thirds of the way in, there is a 200 ft long rise that hurts the legs before leveling off some but still going up slightly.

The first three times up the small hill I stayed in the saddle. The final two were done out of the saddle. After the five efforts, stomach cramps began to set in from my dinner. I did one more effort but extended it to 2 minutes. By the end of the two minutes I was spent. I'm glad I didn't look at my speed at the end. I turned around one more time and went down to the very bottom of the road, down by the Meramec and climbed back out. Nothing hard, just pushed a moderate gear all the way up. Also went into and out of Woodley before cooling down, if that is possible in this heat, and heading home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home